In order to remain competitive with online stores, brick and mortar retailers are taking advantage of point of purchase displays to improve customer experience and drive sales. There are numerous advantages to point of purchase (POP) displays, show as the ability to showcase a particular item or encourage impulse buys. Studies have found that customers are making up to 82% of their buying decisions in-store, which means customers are more receptive than ever to point of purchase advertising. Let’s take a closer look at some of the ways POP displays can benefit your business.
5 Advantages of Point of Purchase Displays
- Point of purchase displays help customers make purchasing decisions – As we mentioned earlier, POP designs encourage “impulse buying”: a spur of the moment, unplanned purchase. We are all familiar with walking into a cellular retailer “just for a phone,” only to come out with a phone, phone case, car charger, and a new pair of headphones. Most likely those items were prominently displayed near the checkout, reminding you that your new phone requires new accessories. But point of purchase displays are also beneficial when it comes to answering customer questions about a product. Instead of having to search for a sales associate – who may or may not have thorough knowledge of the item – a POP display can provide all the pertinent information a customer needs to be confident they are making an informed purchase.
- POP displays offer a unique, personalized shopping experience – Interactive point of purchase displays engage customers through touchscreen displays, video, audio, lighting, and even scent. And the more senses you can engage, the more likely you are to make a sale. Having samples of the product available for customers to try or an interactive touchscreen are great ways to let customers explore all of your product’s uses, benefits, and options.
- Well placed POP displays draw attention to your products – The most effective placement of POP displays is at an endcap, where they draw in 44% of the eyes that go by. But a well designed point of purchase display can grab customers’ attention from across the store without clashing with the environment through a unique shape (such as a perfume-bottle-shaped kiosk), bold colors, and built-in lighting. Whether you’re showcasing a new product or have a surplus item you need to unload, a good POP design will direct traffic where you need it.
- POP displays reinforce marketing through color – Being well-versed in the psychology of color is a great way to reinforce your marketing. For example, orange communicates adventure and is perfect for use in a call to action for camping gear. Blue, on the other hand, triggers feelings of calm and trust. Incorporating that color into a product guarantee or certification can boost customer confidence in the product’s reliability.
- Point of purchase displays help boost your bottom line – A great advantage of point of purchase displays is that they often prove to be more productive than advertising and promotional expenditures. Furthermore, POP displays can be easily adapted to meet the ever-changing expectations and shopping patterns of consumers, at a significant cost savings compared to revamping an entire promotional or advertising campaign.
As a leading designer and manufacturer of custom POP displays and retail fixtures for over 30 years, Milford’s team of skilled professionals can help you create displays that will increase sales and reinforce your brand. For more information, call us today at 215-538-2778 or email us at email@example.com.